- The Digital Geology Sandpit – A New Kind of Poster
GSA 2014 Vancouver, Canada
- India animation
Using data from Copley et al. 2010 and the Google Earth Tool MARGEE we made a plate reconstruction for India. Click on the animation to download KMZ file.
By importing a CSV file from the geo field book app we are visualizing field data in Google Earth. We can:
- Import a CSV file with geolocation of the symbol along with the type, dip, strike, and so on.
- Edit properties of each symbol.
- Customize annotation.
- Export as KMZ or CSV file.
- 3D Block Diagrams in SketchUp
Paul Karabinos demos the use of SketchUp / Layout for strucutral geology